- Do you have a visual of your handwriting routine available for your students?
- Do they know how to independently get their handwriting materials? If the materials are not at their desk or table spot do they know where to get them? Do they know what materials to get?
- Do they know what handwriting to practice? If it is a specific page in a handwriting book do they know how to find the page number? Is there a visual posted to show what the page looks like or the page number? If not, what visuals are present to let them know what they should be practicing with their handwriting?
- Does the student know how to finger write letters? Do they know the purpose of doing this? Do they know that they should do it slowly?
- Does the student know how to hold a pencil to write the letters? Do they know how much pressure to use? Do they know how to form the letters? Do they know how to do this slowing?
- Do they know how much handwriting to practice? How do they know this?
- How does the student let you know when they are finished? Do you want to check their work before they move on? How do you let the students know this?
- Do the students know what they should be doing once they are finished? Are there clear and consistent options?
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.